This is the fifth in FLP top 5 for 2012 series.
Image from Smitten Kitchen
1. Foodgawker – www.foodgawker.com & Tastespotting – www.tastespotting.com Pure visual stimulation — ton of gorgeous photos of food; click on one and it’ll take you to the recipe and blog that originally posted it. The two websites are very similar and there’s a crossover, so I’ve lumped them together.
2. Smitten Kitchen – www.smittenkitchen.com Beautiful step-by-step pictures, unique savory and sweet recipes, and a sincere writing style. Plus, Deb released a cookbook of mostly-new recipes this year if you prefer hard copy format.
3. Joy the Baker – www.joythebaker.com For baking enthusiasts, this is a site not to miss for your next baking project. Lovely images and a lot of personality.
4. David Lebovitz — www.davidlebovitz.com An expat living in Paris, Lebovitz’s blog chronicles his food journeys, discoveries, and experiences in France and around the globe. He’s an incredible writer, which makes for a fun blog. He has a book as well called The Sweet Life in Paris that I highly recommend (especially if you’re in Paris!).
5. Running with Tweezers – www.runningwithtweezers.com Huge pretty pictures and recipes posted by a food stylist, with a simple and clean website layout.